A visionary and thought leader, Thulani DeMarsay is an exceptionally talented leadership coach, speaker and facilitator whose mission is to help leaders sustain health, energy and performance. Thulani has been coaching and delivering training solutions throughout New England since 1998. A careful listener and trusted confidant, Thulani is also a seasoned recovery coach who works closely with executives and leaders who struggle with drug and alcohol abuse.
A competitive athlete and fitness enthusiast, Thulani’s coaching is based on the premise that performance is a bi-product of skillfully managing human energy. At the heart of her philosophy is a belief that full engagement in the workplace is directly proportional to our well-being and sense of purpose. Further, she believes that leaders who are internally driven by a sense of purpose are better able to sustain engagement, especially during periods of change and adversity.
Thulani serves as a senior faculty member at her alma mater, Cambridge College, where she teaches Self Care for Helping Professionals and Lifestyle Change for undergraduate adult learners.
Thulani earned a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Master of Management of Management degree in Leadership and Organizational Dynamics from Cambridge College. She holds a Master’s degree in Human Development from Fielding Graduate University in Santa Barbara, where she is currently pursuing a Ph.D in Human and Organizational Development.
- Exploring how leaders in high-tech cope with stress
- Exploring the role of contemplative leadership on self awareness and effectiveness
- Contemplative pedagogy for cultivating whole person learning
Key Certifications and Trainings
- Certified NLP Leadership Coach
- Health Coach, Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Recovery Coach, Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery
- World Café; Art of Hosting and Open Space Technology
Thulani is a member of A Season for Nonviolence, an annual 64-Day educational, media, and grassroots campaign commemorating the memorial anniversaries of Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. She delivers talks to schools, community organizations and faith-based institutions on peace and nonviolent communication (NVC). Thulani has participated in national symposiums with key leaders in the peace community, including the late Coretta Scott King, Marianne Williamson, Danny Glover, Dr. Michael Beckwith, and His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships:
- American Psychological Association, Student Affiliate
- Association for Contemplative Mind in Higher Education
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Society for Organizational Learning, MIT
- Society for Sport, Exercise and Performance Psychology