Warm Balsamic Kale Salad
Salads aren’t very attractive to those of us that live in colder climates during the winter months. We tend to crave more warm, comforting foods like soups or grounding grain bowls. But what if a salad could leave you feeling cozy and content during these chilly months? One of my favorite things to eat when my body is craving a bowl of greens is a warm kale salad! Yes, you heard that right – a warm salad.
Aside from being one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, when cooked down to a wilt, that strong, bitter-like taste from kale calms down into a moist, buttery-like leaf. It makes the perfect base for a warm salad, topped with other grounding plant life like sweet potato and avocado. This salad is sure to change your opinion on consuming greens during the winter months. Not only will it leave you feeling full and satisfied, but it will deliver an abundant amount of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to fuel your body and mind.
- 4 cups of chopped kale
- ½ cup chopped and cooked sweet potato
- ¼ avocado
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Balsamic glaze
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet and add kale.
- Cook for 2 minutes and then add the already pre-cooked sweet potato.
- Allow to cook until kale is wilted and sweet potatoes are warmed through.
- Transfer to a bowl and add lemon juice.
- Top with sliced avocado and hemp seeds.
- Drizzle a touch of balsamic glaze over the bowl.
- Serve and enjoy!
Stay tune for more comforting vegan recipes this month!
Yours in Health,